Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random Thoughts I Couldn't Flesh Out Into Full Entires

So no, I didn't get the upper brackets removed. But they did snip the wires, so now they only go between my canines on the top and bottom. That means my molars and premolars are flying around freely without a care in the world...except they're still connected to BRACKETS...which without the wire and rubber bands, are SHARP! I thought eating sucked my first week with braces but this is worse. 'Parently the lab takes about 10 days to make retainers, so after they're made I go back and THEN get the brackets removed.


I opted for the permanent retainer on the bottom. Everyone I've talked to recommended taking the retainer situation out of my hands as much as possible. Hopefully that was wise. I'll tell you what, the GUM brand dental floss threader company is glad I made that decision. So are tartar control toothpaste makers across the country.

I've had a headache all day. I don't think my molars and premolars have learned how to responsibly manage their newly found mobility. I don't think turning off my alarm and waking up at 8:45 this morning (I usually get to work between 8:30 and 8:50) helped the ol' headache situation either. I still got in by 9:15 tho. No shave, no shower. Eesh, yall are lucky cocoon is still closed.

Last week I went clothes shopping for the first time since cocoon started. I had ordered shirts online here and there, but never tried pants. Looks like I'm back in my 5th through 7th grade situation where I can't fit into pants off the rack - and I can't even squeak out a lucky find in the "husky" section like I could once in a while back then. Right now I've got a 32 inch waist, but a butt and hips that need the space of size 34, and my inseam is right between 30 and 31. Why are 34x30's longer than 32x30's? and WHY doesn't anyone make 33x31? toit pantch. sho toit. yesh.

I stuck my finger in some more hair product tubs down in the CVS. Looks like AXE achieved the same texture and tackiness in a BIGGER jar for 7.99...now you buyers of small 17.99 Crew jars are chumps.

Work lunches at sports bars are the worst: a) The food is sub par and expensive b) I bring better tasting, healthier food for about 1/10th the cost c) The only reason to go to a chain bar/resto is to drink cheap beer d) obvi totes not gonna happen at a work lunch e) I'm really curious what this Bud Light Golden Wheat tastes like.

3 comments:

  1. good post besides the blatant theft of the intellectual property of 2birds1blog.com with the title of your post...

    can't wait to see these top brackets off homeslice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah im terrible - i almost gave a shout out to the source, but figured the readership didnt overlap. if Meg McBlogger sues me, will you represent the defendant?

    her post today was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. drew i second the choice for perma-bottom retainer. except someday when they say "we need to take that out, you should get fitted for a removable one", don't continue putting off the appointment cause you don't think it's important. if you do get to the first step (where they tell you to get fitted), call me and i'll email you a picture of my bottom teeth that are now crooked, after being exceptionally straight.

    d'oh.

    ReplyDelete