Friday, February 13, 2009

Mouth update

won't be able to post this weekend cause my computer is with the HP people...crap....

SO, i went to the doctor on Tuesday. I was hoping they'd crank up the intensity on the braces, but all they did was replace the rubber bands. It felt tighter, but not substantially. I have another appointment in two weeks. They are going to have to do some "shaping" on the bottom teeth - take the file or whatever they use to make my teeth slightly more narrow. They need to create some space for them all to fit. I hope it doesn't hurt.

Today (3 days after new rubber bands) I noticed that some of my bottom teeth are sensitive. I stood in front of a mirror and pushed the sensitive ones, and saw them literally move. It was weird. I guess that's good.

I realized last week that I must be the most annoying person to eat around. The slurping/sucking/swishing noises I make to try to keep the food in my mouth and out of my braces are terrible. If I'm ever eating with you and you're repulsed - a) say something b) I'm sorry. haha

I noticed that I work my braces into every conversation, especially with girls- just because I don't want there to be anything unsaid about the fact that "yeah. i've got braces." Maybe I'm projecting too much what some one's feelings would be, but I HATE it when something is left unsaid and makes someone feel awkward. I'm obviously assuming that they first notice, then are weirded out by it, but I always try to say something to deflate it. Not that there is usually something to deflate. But it helps ME, I think, be the first to make fun of myself. Self defense I suppose.

For example, met my housemate's cute friend on Saturday night out at a bar (yes, not very cocoonish). She said "Drew, this is my friend from middle school." Drew: "Awesome, so nice to meet you. Middle school huh? Gosh, I loved middle school. Those might have been my best years. In fact, I'm trying to relive them - that's why I got braces." Laughter ensues. Situation deflated. SO smooth. My housemate and everyone out with us was laughing at me because, apparently, everything goes back to braces. It's like six degrees from Kevin Ba- I mean Drew's Braces.

Big weekend plans. Motorcycle shopping Saturday, skiing Sunday, and Monday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment