Yesterday I paid off my credit card bill for January. No big deal usually, but this one had about half of my braceface expenses on it. Yikes. I can't wait until pay-day on the 31st because then I can REALLY consider buying a BIKE without jeapordizing my ability to pay rent...Here's the one I want - the Honda Shadow Sabre 1100.
How SWEET does this look? It sounds amazing, too.
There's a jovial guy on Craigslist a few miles away whose wife is making him sell his motorcycle. Maybe I can benefit from his misfortune. This guys is hilarious, though. Look at his post:
"The little woman says the bike has to go because "we don't need it"! Whats this 'we' crap? I met her on that bike. The bike is in great condition! Only 9,467 miles, new rear tire, and grips. I also have another NEW rear tire, some helmets and a rear seat bag I'll trow in. I just installed a new battery in the fall. Have you seen the movie Borat when he was buying a car...yes I installed the magnet they speak of. Get the hint? My baby (not the wife) is garage kept. Maybe I sould put the ball n chain in there!" I could prolly get him down from 4k.There's another guy selling this bike not too far away for 4.5k....
One of the reasons I want a bike is for commuting. I can't get a car parking pass in the Pentagon, but they do give motorcycle passes to contractors like me. That would cut my commuting time in HALF. Walking to the metro isn't terrible, but living 2.5 miles from the building, it shouldn't take 40 minutes round trip. I could run it faster than that. I might start doing that, in fact. Another reason I want a bike is for the Shenandoah Scenic Highway. It's going to be amazing.


love the bikes, i think it's a crazy idea. those look sweet though. the parking makes sense. will this cut down on expenses for commuting via metro? and may i just say, what about bad weather? have you ever seen the stats for motorcycle accidents, they're insane!
ReplyDeleteand personally, i am envious of your 40 minute commute in which i would read my kindle 2 which is AMAZING and honestly an perfect resource. perhaps you should consider the $359 it costs for a kindle, it's just great. $4,500-$360=SAVINGS of $4140.