Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bachelor Weekends

I feel like I've fallen off the posting wagon recently. Back on it, baby.

Two weekends ago I went to Virginia Beach for Tommy G's bachelor weekend. It was a ton of fun. Not your average "bachelor" weekend by the world's standard...but it was a flippin sweet time based my standards. We smoked cigars, we drank beer and bourbon, we played poker, we sat on the beach and swam, we cooked aggressively and ate well. My favorite thing on the beach was blowing up the little pool flotation cushion/mattress thingy, and paddling out to sea...I was probably 200 yards out, and went back and forth about 500 yards up and down the beach....until the lifeguard started whistling and yelling at me to come in. Anyway, Tommy had a great time, and so did the rest of the dudes. Money, chill weekend.

Then this LAST weekend, I went to Las Vegas for Logan's bachelor party. I met Evan at the Dallas airport and we went up to the "Admiral Lounge" for the posh AA fliers, and Evan asked to get us both on the upgrade list. We get to the gate just as they're calling us to the counter for our first-class tickets. NICE. I enjoyed a drink and hot nuts (huh?) for the first 2/3rds of the flight. Then Evan went to the bathroom in the front of the plane...right after that two passengers and a flight attendant carried a woman's limp body past first class into the galley space in front of the bathroom. This lady was very unconscious, and Evan opened the door only to realize there were six people standing between him and his seat....so after a minute he stepped over her body, and we were asked to give up out seats in the front of first class. So, we went and sat in seizure lady's chairs the rest of the night. She was fine after a few minutes. And she got a first class ride, so, yippee.

After our exciting flight to Vegas we got to the Bellagio at midnight where Evan, Will and I stayed Friday. We walked around and just took in the sights. Saturday we ate a GREAT breakfast and met up with the other dudes and went to the Venetian pool. What a sight. Tons of people, tons of babes, mostly with gross tats, but babes nonetheless. I don't really want to think about what exactly was in the pool, but it didn't quite feel cool and fresh. People had filled super soakers with liquor and were squirting it into each other's mouths long distance in the pool, for starters. The oil spill coming off my banana-boat lubed body wasn't helping the cause either.

The rest of the time was spent hanging out between casinos, playing a few hands here and there, people watching, and just enjoying each other's company. We wore awesomely tacky "Affliction" T-shirts. We thought we would be ridiculous, over the top, but actually we completely fit in. I actually got complements on my grim reaper t-shirt.

Logan, Will and I looking tough...ok, Logan and I looking tough. In the Planet Hollywood casino, one girl walked past Will and I who was getting dragged along by a feminine dude, and she stopped him, started pulling his arm back towards us basically screaming at him "oo, he's on your team! we're playing craps! he's definitely on your team!" Will denies that she was actually talking about his orientation. ha. Will is a champ. Love you man.


I gambled the least or second-least in our crew of eight dudes, but I still managed to lose 200 bucks. Being alone for about 6 hours on Sunday afternoon and evening before my red-eye flight home and trying to continue to "learn" craps doubled my losses. woops.

Expensive entertainment, but it was fun while it lasted. I would have been happy to leave early on Sunday, but all things together, it was a great time with the dudes and a good time celebrating Logan.

There's the update. more to come soon. notice how i didn't even mention my braces.

No comments:

Post a Comment