Tuesday, April 14, 2009

back on track - Easter update

sorry, blogosphere readers - my last post was off message for my mission statement (God, Bod, Braces, B-school). hope you enjoyed a graph or two, though.

I will post some face pictures soon so you can see the progress, but I went to the doc again today. he's pleased. he thinks my smile is getting some width. sweet. i had the cute Bolivian hygenist again. didn't really notice at first, but the hygenic mask she wears really accentuates her pretty blue eyes. haha.

Ran 3 times last week, 9 miles total, and lifted 4 times. I'm feeling stronger and looking leaner/bigger (slightly) some people have mentioned, which is encouraging. Ran again yesterday. Gonna try to bump it up to 4 miles tomorrow and lift arms/abs (no hernies).

I went to church twice on Sunday, because the first service I attended (ok, fine, got paid 78 dollars per hour to sing in) was laaame. The sermon? The stone was rolled away on Jesus' tomb, so God can roll away YOUR problems too! Time out, Pastor Mustache - the crux of our religion is based on this RADICAL truth that Jesus was RAISED from the DEAD, just like he said he would, not to mention his fulfilling ALL of the prophesies....and THIS is what you muster?!?! Not gonna cut it. So I went to MBC and really enjoyed some joyful worship and a sermon that recognizes the gravity of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment