Working in the Pentagon has given me a new appreciation for shiny shoes. I can't get enough of it. My coworker has a horse-hair brush in his drawer. Every few days I whip that baby out and absolutely go to town. I can see my reflection. This is glorious. I find myself pushing away from my desk periodically to steal a glance at them. These Army guys are too funny - I've heard my coworker say to his Air Force buddy "oo-wee those haven't seen a shine since the factory." I've only paid for a few shoe shines in my life, and it feels very bourgeois. I mean, they're offering a service I'm paying for, but still, standing above or sitting above someone as they do something I'm completely capable of doing makes me uncomfortable. This post took me longer than usual because I kept looking down....
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Shoe Shine Junkie
Working in the Pentagon has given me a new appreciation for shiny shoes. I can't get enough of it. My coworker has a horse-hair brush in his drawer. Every few days I whip that baby out and absolutely go to town. I can see my reflection. This is glorious. I find myself pushing away from my desk periodically to steal a glance at them. These Army guys are too funny - I've heard my coworker say to his Air Force buddy "oo-wee those haven't seen a shine since the factory." I've only paid for a few shoe shines in my life, and it feels very bourgeois. I mean, they're offering a service I'm paying for, but still, standing above or sitting above someone as they do something I'm completely capable of doing makes me uncomfortable. This post took me longer than usual because I kept looking down....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Drewbie you make me die every day. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteNew post, new post! :-D you could look like ANYthing at this stage of the cocoon!!
ReplyDelete